Friday, September 11, 2009

All New England Show - Cape Cod Art Association

Mine is the watercolor of Highland Light on the left.

My photo is bottom left. It is of Sandwich, MA in the early morning light.

Claire Marcus Was kind of enough to send me these shots from the Opening of the 'All New England' Show at the Cape Cod Art Association. I am thrilled. I think my painting and photo both hang very well with some wonderful art and I am very pleased to have gotten into this show. It will encourage me to keep going and to keep entering pieces in all the shows.
Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging me to do this. It has been a great experience.
Keep Makin' Art
Carl


7 comments:

A's Mom said...

So, did you place at all or was it not a competition? Congrats on taking the first step.

Carl said...

Hi. I don't think I got any awardsin this show. That is quite ok though. The competition was pretty amazing.

CS

JeannetteLS said...

Wish We could see your work better. But getting INTO that show is a wonderful thing. Can't wait to see your still life.

Carl said...

I just finished a post including a photo of my current watercolor in progress. Let me know what you think.

CS

Janice Thomson said...

What a thrill to be in the show. Even if you didn't place what excellent exposure. Congrats Carl.

Carl said...

Thanks Janice. The experience has been great. The ribbons can come later.... Right now I am happy to have folks see my work. I have gotten great feedback from some of the folks who saw the show.

Carl said...

PS Jeannette - if you want to see the actual images that are in the show in better detail the post today in the mail from 8/21 shows off both pieces.

CS