Friday, April 16, 2010

Juried Show Applications

I found out this week that the pieces I submitted for the Biennial Photo Exhibit at Hopper House were not accepted. I am not upset. I think they were top flight images. They just may not have been right for this show...... I tend towards pretty landscapes that are well crafted , but are sometimes not seen as 'art'.

The pieces below are what I have sent in with my application for the 2010 Photography Now Exhibit at the Center for Photography at Woodstock. Some are my nature shots and others are a little bit different. This show has the same judge so I may have the exact same results, but thought I would share them with you guys. My own little web exhibit as it were.
I will here about the entry in the next few weeks and will let you know. In the meantime there are more shows to enter and photos to take.






2 comments:

Dave King said...

You are right: they are top flight images. Difficult to judge the photographic quality from web images, but the sense I get is that they are first class. Certainly the compositions are spot-on and each is arresting in its own way. They are all images that, if they were in an exhibition, I would keep going back to for another look. You are also correct not to be upset, but to keep faith with what you know is good. Scrub "good": superb .

Carl said...

Thank You Dave! I am getting cool with the idea that Art is subjective and some times good pieces won't make it into shows. I am waiting to hear an additional one and sending out an application for 2 more. I need to get a few paintings out there too.

CS