Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ideas For Next Still Life



We were in Upstate NY this weekend for some time with family. During the day Saturday we went to a favorite Antiques place.... I found these great pewter pieces. They are old and a little beat up, but full of character. One of these setups will be a watercolor soon.

I have a back log of things I want to paint so it may be a couple of weeks before you see these pop up on the blog again. Daylight hours that are not consumed by work will be spent out with a camera capturing spring greens and adding to my Hudson Valley portfolio of images. So painting will be set aside for two hours a night after I get home. That will be fun!!

I mentioned the antique shop because they are a great source of inspiration for me a s painter. I get all kinds of ideas. So even if I only buy one or two things I usually end up with a bunch of ideas for new paintings.

Where do you find your inspiration?

Keep Makin' Art
Carl

No comments: