Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday

I will photograph the still life and post it tonight that will be the subject of our next watercolor project. I have done two of these now and folks seem to enjoy them. Will you paint along with me over the next couple of weeks as we work on the still life? In the meantime I stole an hour today and took the photos you see in today's post. Enjoy!

After a weekend of almost nonstop (and unplanned) work I took an hour for myself and went to the the NJ Botanical Gardens at Skylands with my camera. It was great to get outside. There are plenty of things blooming already that made for some great photos.




The cherry blossoms made my day! I could have looked at them all day.

I am not sure what these blue flowers are but they were pretty cool. I have several more shots of these you may see pretty soon.

There are several carriage houses on the grounds This archway is a detail of one of them. In the right time of day i will spend some time photographing them for sure. It is funny spring is staring to bloom and now I get the idea of how to photograph this amazing place after a snow fall! I will have to file that away for next year.

Keep Makin' Art

Carl

5 comments:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

The little blue flower photo is beautiful and they're called "Grape hyacinth." Just so you'll know and won't go crazy with curiosity:)

Carl said...

HI,
Thanks for the info. I had fun shooting on Sunday. Was not sure I'd find anything but had a good session instead.
C

Janice Thomson said...

Gosh these are beautiful photos Carl. I love the archway!
Can't wait till our own cherry blossoms are out....

muthu said...

the photos are lovely......

kudos... :)

Carl said...

Janice - Many thanks and I thought VC got Spring before us because of the Pacific jet stream. I could be wrong though.

Muthu -Thank You!

CS