Monday, March 22, 2010

Time is flying by....




These two images are from 2007... I can not believe it is three years ago already... This was the first time I went shooting with my friend Mike Malandra... We met in watercolor class and realized we had a common interest in nature photography and had both taken workshops with Nick Zungoli (Something I recommend to everyone if you want to advance your photography skills).
Mike has gone on to be one of the best photographers I know.

I had forgotten about this morning. So when I went back through my Harriman State Park images I was happy to find these.

Hopefully I'll get out a few times this year with Mike. He can show me some spots he likes and I'll drag him out to Dover Stone Church Falls.

It is funny we can go to the same spots with the same equipment and both walk away with great, but very different shots.

Anyway these shots from spring a few years ago energized me and i thought I would share them with you. I can't wait to get out and do some spring shooting.

Keep Makin' Art
Carl

2 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

It really is amazing what happens when we find a medium that speaks to our artistic vision. Photography spoke to you and it probably has fed your water color work as well. Wonderful shots to share with us. SO glad to have found your site, Carl.

Carl said...

Thanks Jeannette - My passion for art and photography is really becoming what drives me.

CS