Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How 'Bout them Apples!

Inspired by my recent work my Mom (Pat) painted this watercolor of two apples. Aren't they just GREAT? They jump off the page with so much depth. Really nice work Mom! Congrats. If you guys think these are good you should see the oil paintings she did when I was a kid.

It was so wonderful having my folks at the art show in Ringwood this weekend. We got to wander around and look at some great art and had a nice meal and conversation afterwards. Maybe next year Mom will enter a piece in the Ringwood show?

Very Happy that the Apple Does not Fall Far From the Tree,
Carl

5 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

So wonderful learning this tidbit of where the love of art was nurtured and inspired, and the talent that runs in the family. I'm out of apples.

Gotta go!

Dave King said...

Superb - and congrats on the Bologna Achievement. I am very impressed by the Penny Farthing.

Carl said...

Hi Jeannette - Yes Mom a painter (actually her whole family) and Dad worked in photo labs his entire career and knows a things or too about about how color works. It is no wonder I am who I am. My brother got the music genes from my folks.

Dave - Thank You sir! It was an amazing show. I feel a bit like I was struck by lightning to have been so recognized in a big show.

Carl

Carl said...

Dave - you sent me scrambling for a dictionary to find out what a Penny Farthing was. Thanks for the lesson. Now I know what to call that big wheeled bike.

CS

Pat said...

Thanks for the kind words, Carl. I still need to learn how to paint the tablecloth. You are doing so much more with your talent. We are very proud of you.
Love,
Mom