Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another Next Painting....


OK... So I realize I am now three photographs ahead of my paintings (still have to do the tiger lily before it opened, and the finished iris painting) but I wanted to share this shot with you. This still life of one of my mandolins will make an amazing watercolor. just look at that color harmony.... I think this one may need to be big!

I will be away this weekend so It will probably be next week before you see any of the three paintings I am working on. I'll try to post some interesting photos and maybe portraits of my great nephews if we don't run out of weekend before I get to it...

Keep Makin' Art!
CS

4 comments:

Wenderina said...

ooohh...fun idea...I can see you taking over the mantle for other still lifes in the future. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I dare you to unpack ALL the guitars and do a collection painting.

Carl said...

That would be a fun challenge.

CS

Dave King said...

Exquisite. The beauty of the shelf compliments it wonderfully. They strike new beauties off each other. Masterful.

Carl said...

Thank you Sir! I hope to capture just that in the painting!

CS