Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall Photography - Heading into the Woods

With the cooler weather starting to settle in I am anxious to get to the woods with my camera to capture the fall colors.  I am heading out for the next two weekends.  This Sunday I will be going to Dover Stone Church Falls and Indian Brook Falls with my Mom and my Cousin Marie.  These are two of my favorite spots to photograph locally and a great way to start the fall season.  Next weekend I will head out to central New York to photograph Buttermilk Falls Gorge in Ithaca and Watkins Glen.  It will make for a busy day next Saturday, but I hope to come back with some great photos.

Where do you like to photograph in the fall?

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

2 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

My late sister was the photographer. I went along for the ride... but we used to find tucked away spots in the Berkshires up by, I think it's Ashton, Mass. The northeast "quiet" corner of Connecticut has some beautiful farmlands punctuated by spectacular foliage, and some of those woodland streams that have old crumbling stonewalls. We are so lucky to be in the Northeast, Carl. Have a wonderful time.

Carl said...

Hi Jeannette - Those sound like nice areas to shoot. i will have to check them out. I should have some new stuff up Sunday night. I am looking forward to going out on Sunday.

Carl