Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lensbaby - Composer Pro lens




I recently picked up the LensBaby Composer Pro.  It is a special effects lens with swappable optics for different styles.  It allows you to tilt the lens for radical focus shifts.  These shots were with the double glass optical that came with the LensBaby Composer.  So far it is very cool.  I am still getting used to how much to tilt and adjust the focus, but I have some great Ideas for shots.  Over the next few days I will be testing and showing you the results, but tomorrow I think will be a day for watercolor.....

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

5 comments:

Dave King said...

You've beautifully caught the delicacy and fragility of these. Superb.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Beautiful. I'll be on the lookout for more shots of what your new lens can do!

Carl said...

Thank you Dave and Bonnie. Today I will try the pinhole and zone plate lenses and see what I get. I have a feeling I will be able to get some great and different stuff with LensBaby system... but I could also wander down a creative exploration path and get lost for days at a time... maybe that is a good thing.

C

Victoria Fatum said...

I've tossed around the idea of the lensbaby system for a while, but I haven't been sold on it. Maybe because I've seen it way overused in portrait work and such. I do like the way you've used it with the flowers. Look forward to see what else you capture with it.

Carl said...

Hi Vicki - Yeah. I think I'll find a just right used for the LensBaby.... but not 100% sold yet. You are right the flowers are the best subjects so far.