Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Morning of Waterfalls

This morning I headed to two of my favorite waterfalls with two of my favorite people!  That is Dover Stone Church Falls and Indian Brook Falls with my Mom and my Cousin Marie.  Thank you both for heading out for an early hike with me!  We broke the law..... hehe Dover Stone Church is closed from the recent storms, but it seamed fine so we just trudged on... I was rewarded at Indian brook with a sight I have never seen.  For the first time in five years of photographing this waterfall there was not a tree trunk stuck in the middle of this beautiful waterfall.  Thanks for the great company!  It made a great hike even better.

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl









6 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

Well, you KNOW I'd have to respond, Carl. I don't know what to say except the same old thing: you and moving water shots. I love painting water now, and some of that is YOUR FAULT. So there. Beautiful, as always. The moss and the peephole to the greenery above in some of the shots just blows me away. Enough.

Carl said...

Thanks Jeannette! It was a perfect morning just enough light and not too harsh. Was able to capture some great stuff.
I was just reading your last post and was planning to re read and then respond to your request about what was the thing that started the artistic journey.

JeannetteLS said...

Good! I'll look forward to it. Now don't let anything like, oh, say, LIFE get in the way!

Carl said...

Hi Jeannette - The story of me as an artist is cookin' in my head now. I'll get out down on paper (or blog) tomorrow when it is fully hatched.

CS

Dave King said...

Splendid, as always. Quite remarkable, the way you maintain the standard. The main (largest) one is the masterpiece this time round, I think!

Carl said...

Thanks Dave! The best part for me this week was sharing the locations I photograph with my Mom who got out there and hiked like an old pro and finding Indian Brook finally clear of the tree stump that has been stuck in the falls for years.