Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Morning Therapy

Mott's Flat Bridge - Livingston Manor, NY
Old Gas Pump Catskill Mountains
Waterfall - Parksville, NY

I find the best therapy after a long week at work is to get up bright and early on a saturday and find something to photograph.... Today I went up into the Catskills. My objective a covered bridge I had seen while traveling up route 17. So I set out with the sunroof open and my Ipod playing a steady collection of folk music.... After all if you are going to be in the Catskills you should take Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger and Mark Rust along for the ride..... right? It was a perfect morning. There is nothing better than the feel of the Willowemoc Creek rushing around your bare feet and legs while you compose a photo of a 100 year old covered bridge.... Absolutely perfect.

Keep Makin' Art,
Carl

10 comments:

Krista Hasson said...

Wow! these are wonderful captures, and I agree it is the best kind of therapy out there (anything artistic):)

Karen Martin Sampson said...

Great photos and a great way to spend a day! I agree with Krista...the best therapy is an "artist date" with yourself!

Carl said...

Hi Krista and Karen - I am preaching to the choir with you guys.... you both get how good art is for the soul / spirit / etc..

Carl

Jo said...

Gorgeous...! I love those covered bridges. Definitely therapy for the soul.

Dave King said...

Great art in great company - what more could any man want?

Carl said...

Thank You Dave and Jo! I will count it as a successful morning on many fronts.

Carl

Carl said...

Dave - My post seemed much more elegant and poetic on the ride home... but as always a few hours later I lost the spark of what I wanted to say. I can't really capture in words how perfect the morning was and how beautiful the catskills are on a cool summer morning.

Carl

Victoria Fatum said...

These are all wonderful, Carl. There are some great roads to get lost on down that way. Glad you enjoyed your morning!

A's Mom said...

I absolutely LOVE those IR shots. Even more brilliant than B&W.

Carl said...

thanks Victoria. It was a great morning for sure.

Jessica - Thanks. I have been getting great stuff lately.