Sunday, December 02, 2007

Nature Photography






Hello Again Fellow Artists!


Here is the other side of my Artistic self. I have been a nature photographer since I saw my first Ansel Adams' photographs. I have been lucky enough to spend most of my life near the Hudson Highlands and Catskill Mountains where beauty is everywhere you look, and has been inspiring artists since the days of the Hudson River School of painters in the 1800's.


My interest in nature photography has been rekindled in the last couple of years as Digital SLRs have come into their own. Having a workflow that allows that much control over the final image and can yield finished prints at home the same day you hiked into the mountains to get the shot is amazing. I will spend time in later posts discussing my photo equipment and my digital workflow. I'll also talk about the experience of having my first art shows this year.


Do you miss film? or have you embraced digital photography?

No comments: