Sunday, December 02, 2007

Watercolor


Hello Fellow Artists!
I promised in my last (ok my first post) on this blog to share some of my art with you.
This painting is a watercolor of the door of the train station in Ramsey NJ. I was drawn to this subject by the angled light falling on the different parts of the door. I am pretty happy with it and did sell it last year, but will probably try it again as it feels a little over worked to me. Watercolor is one of my favorite mediums and it is also the most difficult one I have come across. Watercolor is a balancing act of control, planning, spontaneity being able to quickly capitalize on the opportunities that present themselves. Over the coming months I will speak a lot about watercolor and my love - hate relationship with it.
What is the medium you struggle with, but love and would never give up?

No comments: