Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cabin - Sugar Loaf NY

140lb Arches coldpress / W&N watercolors

Nothing new today. Here is a painting I did of a little cabin in a field not very far from here. I was really happy with this one. I think the shapes, the atmosphereics (is that a word), and the color are what I like about it.
I'm off today, but have errands to do. I hope to get back into the studio for another iris tonight. I am looking forward to getting out to some new spots with my camera on the long holiday weekend coming up.

Keep Makin' Art
CArl

6 comments:

Dave King said...

Yes, it is the atmospherics - and the very painterly quality - that make it. You are entitled to be happy with it. I would be ecstatic if I had painted it.

Carl said...

Thanks Dave! I need to get back to landscapes. I have been dragging my feet about painting some of the waterfalls I shoot.

CS

Karen Martin Sampson said...

Hello Carl, Nice to meet you. Found you on What is Krista Painting:-)
Your painting is obviously your joy - keep up the good work!
You can find me on http://karenmartinarts.blogspot.com

Carl said...

Hi Karen! Nice to meet you too! Thanks for the kind words. I wandered over to your blog and site and was impressed. I promise to stop back.

Carl

Janice Thomson said...

The round rocks, hills and curves give a soft soothing effect - very beautiful Carl.

Carl said...

Thanks Janice - I kinda like this one.