Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh No!

I just realized I am down to my last sheet of 300lb Arches watercolor paper. I have become very spoiled painting on blocks of 300. I never worry about buckling no matter what I throw at the paper.

I definitely have to place an order today!

Watercolor TIP: This should be common sense to all of us watercolorists... but a few weeks ago I realized I had been painting with the same dirty bucket of water in my studio for months. Colors were getting muddy. So change out that water and keep your colors fresh. It is also good to clean your palette once in a while. I broke my good covered palette recently and have been putting out fresh paint for each painting. This is a bit of a waste.... but when you paint only two or three times a week like I am now you want to do everything you can to make the best experience possible of each painting session.

Keep Makin' Art
Carl

No comments: