Sunday, September 28, 2008

Project

Hello Fellow Artists and Art Lovers


This week got away from me a little. and I did not post much. This week will be a little project suggested to me by Janice from Beyond the Mind's Eye (one of my favorite Blogs) Thanks Janice!

I will show a painting from Idea to completion photographing and commenting at various stages along the way.

First I went through the photos from last Sunday morning's shooting near Sugar Loaf, NY and found a shot of a barn in the morning sun called to me. I sized it in photoshop and put grid lines on it to help me with the drawing.

Next I will draw this scene on 5x7 watercolor paper. I'll post the drawing when I am done. The idea is I will do 5x7 watercolor sketch and plan out a larger painting. Figuring out what works and what doesn't along the way in the small painting.

Peace,

Carl

No comments: