Sunday, March 27, 2011




We spent the day Saturday with great friends in NYC. I always enjoy wandering the city with people who have not been there before. I get to see things in a different away and it always inspires me when I get a fresh perspective on the city. The photos above are details from one of my favorite sculptures in Battery Park called the immigrants. I play around with using HDR techniques with the bronze sculpture against a perfect blue sky and got some great results. I have decided to go back when I have more time on a warmer day and spend more time admiring this great work.

Sometimes seeing great art is what you need to get your creative juices flowing. Now it is time to head to the studio and paint for a while.

Keep Makin' Art
Carl

6 comments:

Dave King said...

Absolutely right - and those should get the juices flowing!

Carl said...

There is a lot more to photograph in this sculpture. I hope I see it again on a day with a sky so blue. It was amazing.

JeannetteLS said...

Don't even know what to say about these. The bottom one is sort of etched into my brain.

Carl said...

It is an amazing sculpture. It has many more photos left in it. I just scratched the surface. I find I am almost always a tour guide in NYC. I need to go in by myself with my camera... maybe on an early Sunday morning when it is pretty quiet and see what my lens finds as I wander.

marietom said...

magnifique série.

Carl said...

Marietom.... Merci.