Wednesday, August 05, 2009

New Camera

I purchased a new camera.... Gasp! I must say for the last three plus years I have really loved my Canon Digital Rebel XT! It has been and continues to be a great camera. When I got I thought I would never need bigger than 8 megapixel files.... Now as I am getting ready to start selling and produce bigger prints the file size is a little bit limiting. After much research I decided to move up to the new Canon 50d. it is 15 megapixel and 24x36 prints will be possible now! The plus of staying with the Canon line is all my lenses still work. The xt will be a fine backup camera. The 50d is a little bigger and heavier and feels great. What's the downside? The only thing I can see so far is the much larger file sizes take up more hard drive space on my computer.

I'll talk more about comparing the two camera after I have had some shooting time and done a little side by side testing.

Keep Makin' Art
Carl

4 comments:

Dave King said...

I am green with envy. I am sure that the number of shades of green that I am would challenge even your new camera. Good for you. We shall see the results soon, shall we?

Chelle said...

Congrats! I too am envious, but also am thrilled we will get to see your results!

Carl said...

Dave and Chelle - Thanks. So far I am just thrilled with it. My great nephew Ansen was visiting this weekend from Virginia with his folks (Our niece Jesica and husband Richard). I'll post a shot or two soon.

CS

Lane said...

You have fantatstic Canon Digital Rebel XT digital camera... It has just amazing picture quality...