Saturday, November 22, 2008

Winter Art

I will be the first to admit that Autumn and Summer are my favorite and most productive outdoor art months. However this morning I was driving upstate and it was bone-chillingly cold. There was a great sunrise and just a hint of frost on the ground. I suddenly wanted my camera. I went back and found these two shots that were great results of getting out early on cold mornings, shooting and then editing the pictures in the comfort of my studio with a worm cup of coffee. Perhaps tomorrow morning I'll go take some shots. The take-away from this post is to make the most of the artistic opportunities the world presents to you. Everyday there is a chance to make great art.

Keep makin' art.

Carl






3 comments:

Pat said...

Love your cold weather art, but I have trouble pushing the buttons when I'm shivering, I think I'll just enjoy your photos (or what I can see through a window).

Dave King said...

They are two rather megnificent images. Summoning up the resolve to go out and take snow and ice shots is becoming more and more difficult, I find. To that extent, I'm with Pat.

Janice Thomson said...

I keep telling myself that 'tomorrow' I'll get up early and go out. Getting up is the easy part.
Beautiful photos.