Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Hike After the Snow Fall..



I spent a couple of hours this morning hiking the trails around Pine Meadow Brook. The park was quiet. I did see a few hikers, but not as many as a normal Sunday morning. There was a fresh blanket of powdery snow on the trails and the brook was providing the only soundtrack needed. It was the perfect break from the hustle and bustle of the holiday preparations. Most of the folks I ran into were quiet and contemplative and just plain old enjoying the the beautiful vistas the park had on display today. It is quite amazing to me that these trails I have wandered and Hiked hundreds of times can always show me something new, different and beautiful.
Have a Wonderful Holiday Season!
Carl

6 comments:

A's Mom said...

Great pics! Wish I had a great spot around here that I knew about.

Dave King said...

You've excelled yourself this time. Fabulous shots!

Kate Hanley said...

Beautiful shots, there's nothing like a blanket of snow to offset the dark wood of fallen trees. Nicely done.

Carl said...

A's Mom - we ned to find you a spot to shoot. you have a great eye and you would really enjoy it.

Dave - Thanks! I'm going to try to shoot some stuff you don't like so you can use more of your words I enjoy reading on your blog! Have a wonderful New Year.

Kate - Everytime I am at Harriman State Park. I find something different and wonderful to photograph. Have a wonderful New Year.

LR Photography said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family. Enjoy the season!

Jo said...

Gorgeous photos!

I hope you and Wenderina have a fabulous holiday season.

Cheers,
Jo