Sunday, March 08, 2009

Catskills - Waterfall and Pool - Parksville NY

Over the past week I have been showing off some older watercolors. First I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to provide wonderful comments and encouragement.

Over this week have also been jumping back into Photoshop. I had become set in my ways on my workflow for the images I am shooting. I have discovered some wonderful ways to adjust and correct the images to an even closer representation of what I have seen along the way in my hikes and wanders thru the Hudson Valley while still remaining true to the spirit of the image I have created. You may see some photographs over the next few weeks that have been re-done and seen with a new eye. You'll also see some images I have not shared before that are truly fine images that my new found Photoshop skills have been able to breathe life into. Don't worry I am not going to start doing "digital paintings" of my photos. That is a unique art form, but one I am not particularly interested in as a painter or a photographer. I hope you enjoy the new and not so new images I'll post this week.

All of the new Photoshop skills I have acquired have been adopted from techniques I have read about in the Photoshop CS2 WOWBOOK. I have read two or three books in this series going back to Photoshop4 days. They are always full of great images, information and inspiration. If you are an old Photoshop pro like me or a newbie I truly recommend these books.

Keep Makin' Art
Carl

1 comment:

Janice Thomson said...

A mystic touch to this photo Carl. Stunning capture.