Monday, June 23, 2014

The Best Comment Ever...


I just finished my second weekend of my show 'Close to Home' at the Piermont Flywheel Gallery.  Having a solo show at a gallery is a very interesting experience.  In general my shows are well received by the people see it and I get nice comments.  Sometimes my work will move somebody and that is really great.  Other times I end up having these amazing conversations.  Today I had a compliment that I will carry for a long time.  I'll think about it on those inevitable days when I question choice to follow my dream and pursue my art full time.  A gentleman took a while looking at my photos and not saying anything.  He kept coming back to this photos.  Finally he spoke and asked if I was the artist.  I said yes.  He was interested in how the photo came to be and had some technical questions and some nice comment.  The last thing he said, without knowing me and passion for the work of Edward Hopper and my deep connection to him, said "If Edward Hopper were a photographer this is the kind of photo he would have made."  It made my day to hear those words.  

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

No comments: