Wednesday, June 11, 2014

NYC Weekend June 7th and 8th - Infrared B&W







I had  a great weekend running around NYC with my camera!  I took photos around New York Public Library, Bryant Park and Central Park.  There are many more to edit and share in the weeks to come.  It was only a few days ago, but seems like weeks.  Since Then I have taught a nature photography workshop for 8 people with Mike Malandra and then today I hung my new show at the Flywheel Gallery in Piermont, NY.  The opening reception of the show is this Saturday from 5-8pm.  If you are in the area please do stop in and say hi.  The show is called "Close to Home"  My last two solo shows have been been travel photos from Italy / London / Cape Cod and upstate NY.  This time I limited my shooting to 50 miles from my home and showed off the beauty of the Hudson Valley.  I am really proud of the Infrared prints in this show they are printed on traditional fiber based silver gelatin paper that has been selenium toned.  There is nothing quite like a traditional B&W print on fiber paper after all these years and new options for printing it is still the high water mark for B&W printing.  Stop in to the show and see for yourself.  The prints are extraordinary, they were printed by the brilliant folks at Digital Silver Imaging.

Keep Making Art!
Carl

No comments: