Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Cloisters - Metropolitan Museum Medieval Architecture









I was restless this morning and wanted to take some photos, but spring is still a week or two from being interesting around here, so I hopped in the car and headed to the Metropolitan Museum's medieval art and architecture collection at the Cloisters in Fort Tyron Park.  These test shots were done hand held at a high ISO so they are grainy, but I got a great idea of what I can do there.  I will go back at a time when I am allowed to use a tripod and get really good exposures.  In the meantime I am thrilled with the results and happy to have a new location not too far from home I can photograph at.

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

2 comments:

Dave King said...

Splendid. Can't believe these are not really good exposures. Look forward to seeing the tripod ones!

Carl said...

Thanks Dave - Yes at the size I make the images for the blog they do look wonderful, but I had to shoot with the lens wide open and at a very high ASA. The images could have more sharpness, depth of field and less noise. Nice long exposures on a tripod will make images I can blow up really nicely. The location is really excellent. I cannot wait to get back there.