Monday, June 07, 2010

Seeing new things in old places

While I was out photographing Mountain Laurel on Saturday I noticed the rocks around me... As if for the first time. I have hiked these trails and walked these roads most of my life, but only recently noticed the wonderful colors in some of the rocks in the park. At least I had not noticed the ones that did not have a stream running over them.

Lesson for the day. Even when you are on familiar terrain and have a specific subject in mind to photograph or paint. Keep your eyes and your mind open to what is around you.

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

3 comments:

Karen Martin Sampson said...

What a beautiful painting this would make!

Dave King said...

Superb. The beauties of nature - like the horrors - so often lie in the detail.

Carl said...

Thank You Karen and Dave - It was a good reminder to keep my eyes open to the world around me.