Sunday, March 09, 2008

Lake Kanawauke - Foggy Morning Part 2



Hello Fellow Artists:

Well here is the photo and the my watercolor of the image I was working with last week. I took some artistic license to push the tree forward hopefully getting more of a feeling for the fog. I also tightened the color palette a little squeezing it more into the colors I like to work with which generally are a triad of earth tones and french ultramarine blue.


How did I do? You tell me. I am pretty happy with the effort. I think I need to anchor the island a little more... Maybe by darkening it's reflection. I still need to tweak just a but, but all in all I am very happy with my first painting in a month and a half.


What have you been painting this winter?


Happy Painting!

Carl


1 comment:

Wenderina said...

The reflection effect is awesome and seeing these side by side is really impressive.