Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sketchbook


I love my sketchbooks! I use Canson watercolor sketchbooks w 140lb coldpress paper. It is close enough to the Arches block paper I use for my finished work. I keep several. One is full of my favorite Cape Cod scenery and has inspired several finished works. I have one for general painting ideas and one for drawings and value sketches.
This little sketch is of a house on Whig Street in Dennis Ma. I have this and a photo and will work on a finished painting for the next couple of weeks.
Speaking of Cape Cod.. After seven years of visiting the same house in Dennis on the Cape we will head to a new bigger location in Sandwich this year. I am excited about the change of scene, but also a bit nervous. I know the area around the old place so well and the light there in late August, but it is time to stretch and try new things again.
Keep painting!
Carl

No comments: