Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Portrait Shoot: Dakota






I feel I am most successful in a portrait when the sitter's personality has been captured in the shot.  Simple lighting that can be moved around a little with out having to be too fussy is the key for me.  Once the session has a flow and the sitter is comfortable you don't want to have a lot of stop and start.  In the next week or so I will do a post with what equipment I use and how I set it up for my portraits.  Don't be afraid.  You do not have to keep formulas for lighting ratios in your head and there will be no test.  Just some friendly advice that can hopefully help de-mystify taking portraits.  I think later this summer This will be the topic of one of my full day workshops if enough people are interested.
Keep Makin' Art!
Carl


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You make it look easy. Very good job! Excellent!

Carl said...

Thanks Cate!