Monday, August 01, 2011

Chittenango Falls - Cazenovia, NY




I found my self once again in Central, NY this weekend.  This time I was at Colgate University for the DeMolay (a masonic youth group I am an advisor for along with my Dad) State Convention.  The Colgate campus is not far away from Chittenango Falls.  I remembered these falls from a trip when I was in college and decided to steal away for an hour or so at sunrise.  It was well worth the time and the falls were as nice as I remembered.  I was happy top be able to include some wildflowers in the shots I think they really added to the composition.

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

7 comments:

LR Photography said...

Wonderful Carl!

Carl said...

Thanks Adrian! There are so many glens and waterfalls in Central NY / Finger Lakes area. Each one is a treasure and wonderful to photograph.

Dave King said...

The Emperor of falls, obviously! Top shots.

Carl said...

Hi Dave - Yeah I have been on a journey of waterfalls this summer seeking out new ones and exploring upstate New York. I would like to get back to the fingerlakes once more more when the leaves are turning and shoot at a couple of places. Soon it will be time for Cape Cod again and my yearly week at the sea-side. I have been mixing in some other subjects too, but think it will be time to turn my attention to new subjects and also get back to painting a bit.

Carl

Rie said...

I've been enjoying your journey this summer as well. There is a another fall up here. Saw it last year after heavy rains and it was awesome. I'll have to see how it is normally. Maybe another "cousins" outing???

Victoria Fatum said...

That first shot of the falls is really nice!

Carl said...

Vicki - I think I got the best I can with the type and direction of light. I had not been there in 25 years and did not have my bearings. I hope to get back there soon I think an Autumn day on the tail end of the afternoon would be SPECTACULAR.