Sunday, May 02, 2010

Sunday Morning Wander

It is a beautiful Sunday morning here in New York. It was supposed to be rainy and getting hot so I decide to stay close to home. I started out at Minisceongo Creek. back to the cascade I found with my friend Mike earlier in the spring. Now the trees have filled in with green leaves, but the water is slowing down. I bet in Summer this creek is barely a trickle, but at sun up today I found some nice shots.

Next it was off to Skylands botanical garden in Ringwood, New Jersey. I found some interesting things to shoot including these lilacs and hostas.



After wandering into a group of plein air painters who were out enjoying the wonderful light and color this morning. I headed back towards my car and found these great statues and spent a little time photographing them.

All in all a relaxing and productive Sunday morning with the camera. I have a 24"x 48" canvas started that I will be working on today and will show you my progress later on.

Get out there and enjoy your day!

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl