Sunday, February 21, 2010

lemon Still Life - Final

I got a little impatient... Who Me you say never.... Well I did. I started working on the background before the lemons were dry. I almost had a disaster, but thinking fast on my feet I used washes of gray, blue and purple in the background and the lemons in the bowl. Lucky for me that yellow is a pretty opaque color in watercolor and I was able to work with the area I had paint the background over the two lemons. Going with a dark background gave me an added advantage of it pushing the metal bowl forward and adding depth to the painting.

So rescued from near disaster... What do you think?

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

1 comment:

Carl said...

The pendulum swings again.... Am I a painter who takes photos or a photographer who paints.

I need both... not sure which is dominant yet.

hmmm.

keep makin' art.

Carl