Saturday, February 23, 2008

How to tell if it has been too long since you were in the studio!

Hello Fellow Artists-

I have been negligent of my painting time I freely admit that.... But the other day i got a visual reminder that I had been too oft remiss in my painting. Six weeks ago I needed to get the rust out and painted a quick still life of some pears. I stepped into the studio the other night and found what I can only guess were the remains of two pears. Lucky for me the studio is not heated or I would have had a real stinky mess. So the lesson my friends is make sure to spend time in your studio everyday even if it is just to organize and clean brushes or if you are a photographer organize your equipment or the images on your hard drive.

What do you do to keep your artistic skills sharp even during a busy week. I find I need to make the time because I am happiest when I am painting and shooting. I am pledging to myself to go shooting at sunrise and paint for a while tomorrow.

No comments: