Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Imatge NYC - Showcase




Makeup being applied

 Model: Suzanne K. Milton


 Model: Cherry Fu


Last Friday night at 10pm my friend (photographer Susan Magnano was looking for a photographer for a model showcase as part of the final exams for Makeup Artist School at Imatge Consulting.  I jumped at the chance having not done any people photography in a while.  The task was to shoot the models with the makeup being applied and after they were made-up.  There was no formal set up for the shots and they had to be done very quickly.  I ended up placing the models near the end of a long corridor to make a non descript  background and bounced the light off of the wall left of camera.  I really am pleased with the final images and glad to know I don't have to take every photo on a tripod with a thirty second exposure.

Keep Makin' Art!

Carl


No comments: