Friday, July 19, 2013

Journeys - Solo Show Now Open



I am thrilled to say after a long couple of weeks of preperation my solo show JOURNEYS is on display at the Piermont Flywheel Gallery.  I am very pleased with how the show looks.  It features 30 new pieces (all but 2 taken in 2013) and is some of my best work to date.  I have to thank Wendy for her excellent editing skills helping me narrow down the list from 60 or so photos to the final 30 that made the show.  They all stand well on their own as art, but also hang very well as a group.  I must also thank Julie and Durant Sholz for their help with arranging the images once I got them to the gallery and also Kirsten Wilson for gallery sitting for me during the day on Thursdays and Fridays during the run of the show while I am at work.  It seems it takes a village to actually pull off a solo show.  Thanks everyone!  and thanks to you out there on the web reading this and commenting.  Your support always motivates me to keep shooting.

Next week I will post about the inspirations for and influences on the work in this show.

Keep Makin' Art!
Car

No comments: