Monday, April 23, 2012

Rhodo Gardens in Skylands







The annual parade of blooms is under way at Skylands (the New Jersey Botanical Gardens) Sunday morning was cloudy and a little rainy before the storms that came in later in the day.  I took the opportunity to photograph the newly blooming rhododendrons.  I caught them early in the cycle so if you would like to photograph them you have a couple of weeks.
I love sky lands!  all year long there is something to photograph.  I used this as a chance to practice working without a tripod and manual focus on my macro lens.  I am really happy with the results.

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

3 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

You should be happy with them. The delicacy of the bottom two particularly grab me. Though the artistry and vivid color of the first three hit me in a different way.

I know what it is. The bottom two made me immediately think of a painting. There you go.

It sounds like a magical place.

Carl said...

Thanks Jeannette! Hope you are doing great and enjoying the spring.

Carl

Dave King said...

Lovely. High tones are so difficult to render well.