Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Rainy Sunday at Skylands

I don't much like getting wet.  It makes me scrunch my face up and squint, but sometimes the need to make art is stronger than our desire to be comfortable.  So I headed out this morning and spent two hours in the rain at Skylands with my 100mm lens and came away with these shots.  Not a bad walk in the rain If I must say.  I even splashed and jumped thru a few puddles like a little kid.  That was totally AWESOME!

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl








4 comments:

Dave King said...

Much as I like them all, I have a real soft spot for the first. As an abstract, it says such a lot.

Carl said...

Thanks Dave. I rather like the abstract myself.

JeannetteLS said...

Yup, the abstract is my favorite, but there is just something about droplets on flowers that gets at the gardener I am in my heart. So GOOD to be back in the blogosphere, looking at your work, Carl ... not to mention Dave's!

Victoria Fatum said...

For someone who doesn't like to get wet, you did a fine job out in the rain =)