Sunday, June 05, 2011

Trailside Zoo at Bear Mountain

I decided to make a trip to the Trailside Zoo at Bear Mountain State Park this morning.  I have not been there since I was a small boy.  It is a small zoo, but I am happy to say I had a chance to get some nice photos. 

Bald Eagle

Rough Legged Hawk
 Black Bear

 Bald Eagle

 Barred Owl

If you have a little time on your hands and want to spend a nice morning with kids this zoo is perfect, not too big and set in a nicely trailed wooded area by the river.


Keep Makin' Art
Carl

2 comments:

Victoria Fatum said...

I didn't even know this zoo was there! I'll have to add it to my list for a quick jaunt!

Carl said...

Victoria - It is a tiny zoo. I would not make the drive just for the zoo... but since ringwood and Harriman state park are right there it is worth a look. Samantha the bald eagle is just great.