Thursday, May 22, 2014

Close to Home - My New Solo Show at Piermont Flywheel Gallery



CLOSE TO HOME
NEXT SOLO SHOW AT FLYWHEEL GALLERY

Date: June 12th to June 29th
Location: Piermont Flywheel Gallery, 223 Ash Street, Piermont, NY
Opening reception: Saturday, June 14th from 5-8 pm.

The title 'CLOSE TO HOME' came to me when I realized my last two shows had been about travel.  It was then I decided I would do an entire show with images taken with 50 miles of home.  I was then worried if I had enough images I did not want to use ones I had shown before.  The result is a collection of all new images taken in the beautiful Hudson Valley of New York.  'CLOSE TO HOME' took on a second meaning as I shot more and more beautiful Infrared Black & White images I needed a way to present these photos In the best possible prints. B&W means so much to me.  It was my first exposure to photography and is what got me hooked.  The B&W photos in this show are museum quality silver gelatin photographs on Ilford Gallerie fiber based paper developed to archival standards and then hand toned in selenium to enhance the tonal range of the paper and give wonderful deep blacks.  These are some of my finest prints ever.  I cannot wait to show them to you.

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

No comments: