Monday, May 06, 2013

Red Apple Rest










Yesterday I was driving up route 17 to my parents house and stopped at the Red Apple Rest to take some photos.  This ruin of a building was once the first stop people made on the way out of NYC to the Catskills.  Many of my friends and I share memories of this place and associate it with being part of a journey.  That was a different time.  Very sad to see its current state.  If Rt 17 got more traffic They would probably build a Starbucks or a Barnes and Noble here... While very sad to see this place this way it did make a great subject for some interesting photos.

Keep Makin' Art!
Carl

1 comment:

Dave King said...

Appreciate the mixed feelings you must have, but agree it makes a fab' setting for a photo shoot. I can imagine it in all sorts of resurrections or with narratives galore in its present state.